Welcome to Hour Dollars
2019 New Member Orientations
February 2019 Hour Dollars orientation.
- Bring a current photo ID to verify your identity.
- There is a one time registration fee of $12. It will be waived for anyone who can't afford it. Our goal is to include all who wish to join Hour Dollars.
- Annual dues, usually $6.00 are collected another time. Dues support our post office box, office supplies and social events which help to bring members together.
- Bring your laptop if you'd like assistance signing into our interactive website.
- You're welcome to bring friends who may be interested in learning about Hour Dollars.
Hour Dollars is a service exchange program for residents of the Twin Cities and surrounding suburbs. It functions under the umbrella of the national organization, Time Banks. The primary purpose of Hour Dollars is to provide a way for neighbors to easily exchange time and services. When neighbors exchange services, they build strong ties within the community, and everyone benefits.
How the Program Works
As a member, you EARN hours by providing a service (such as gardening, minor home repair, piano lessons, or driving) to another member who requested the service. You then use your earned hours to RECEIVE a service from any member in our service directory.
You decide what services you would like to offer. Everyone's time is valued equally: one hour of actual service is always equal to one hour of credit in the program, regardless of the type of service provided.
A database keeps track of services that members are willing to provide, the number of hours they have earned, and the balance of hours in their accounts.
Earned hours can be exchanged only for services within the program. They cannot be redeemed for cash.
Hour Dollars is currently operating with over 200 members. Anyone living in St. Paul, Minneapolis or surrounding suburbs is welcome to join.
" The first step for Hour Dollars Membership is participation in an Hour Dollars Orientation. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us you are interested.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 600126, Saint Paul, MN 55106 | Email: email@example.com